I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Damn cool inventions

There are some things in life which I just adore. They aren't always necessary items, they aren't always useful items, they just fall under the category of stuff I like. Here are some things which I really like, today and everyday:

  • My lovesac (or in Australia, the Yoko) Never was there such a brilliant piece of furniture. I sleep better knowing I have one of these - a GIANT one, no less. It takes up most of my lounge room, and I don't really care. It alternates between useful furniture and landing pad for my children who launch themselves off furniture and onto this. I am catapulted into 'instantly cool person' simply by virtue of having purchased one of these.
  • A microplane : My most favourite and coveted item in my cheffie tool kit
  • A decent bra: I have yet to find one of these but I live in hope
  • Howard's Storage World This is like heaven on a stick for organised people like me who think that shelving and cool boxes to put stuff should be some kind of religion: Organisationalism, or some equally lengthy but organised moniker
  • Smiggle: What is not to love about a store that sells an 18 inch bendable eraser that smells like bubblegum? Imagine a whole store full of colour coordinated, totally cool stationary stuff. We're talking a set of 18 fruity smelling highlighters!
  • I get loads of brilliant recipes from here.
  • Slim Pig is by far one of the most amusing and clever cartoons I've ever seen.
  • My other favourite intelligent cartoon is Little Einsteins. What can be bad about exposing kids to classical music *and* great works of art?
  • My current favourite foods: chevre (goat's cheese) and avocado on multigrain toast. Bliss! (and a nice reward after several hours working, having started at 3:30am!)
  • Culinary school: I finish in 4 weeks!
Okay, your turn. In the interests of 'random acts of kindness', share something you like a lot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, LoveSac is in Australia too. http://www.lovesac.com.au/ They have several stores around. Check out the site for exact locations. Don't miss out on the original! No one does the Sac like LoveSac.

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

Hmmmm, I don't know if two, in Sydney, count as 'several stores around' - but thanks anyway for the link!

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»