I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Eureka!

Those of you who know my DH in real life know that he moves at half-speed, while I move at double-time. Although we share a lot of personality traits, this is one in which we are polar opposites. Some might call DH "relaxed." I just call him "bloody slow." In the 11 years I have known him, he's never been one to rush, speed things up, move fast, talk fast - he just moves at his own p...a....c....e. Most of the time I don't mind this; I would venture to say that it is one quality that attracted me to him in the first place. He's not loud, he's not hurried, he's not anything other than even-keeled, in pace and in emotion. Nowadays this is a source of supreme irritation for me - while I often appreciate his relaxed attitude, it annoys the living crap out of me when I realise that what he accomplishes in 2 hours, I can do in 3 minutes. His slowness is also evident in his personality - after all this time, I have yet to figure out what, if anything, motivates my DH. Me? I have clear and defined motivations. DH? Nup. Not money, food, sex, books, begging, promises of all kinds, chocolate, an oncoming train...nothing at all makes him move faster or take action. He has one speed: slow. He has one emotion: content. The emotional part is good, because it means we rarely fight, and I usually win. The speed part...bloody annoying.

However.

Today I discovered the one thing which not only makes DH move faster, but it irritates him sufficiently to make him both look and act supremely irritated.

I totally, completely annihilated his slow, sorry ass in THIS GAME.
(Note: In both the 'easy' and 'hard' versions, *and* with the kids playing too.)

Neener-neener-neener!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Too funny!

It drives my dh crazy that he's never been able to win a game of Risk against yours truly, especially since he's the critical thinker and I'm the scatterbrained one. I've tried explaining my strategy but it doesn't help.