I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Friday, October 29, 2010

DH Suckered Me Into It

'It's almost November," says DH, from his perch on the end of the couch. "That means you'll be blogging a lot, right? Isn't it NaBloPo-something or other?" "Why, yes, it is," says I. "But I'm not sure I'll do it...so much happening right now, I'm not sure how to fit blogging into it all as well."

"Oh," says DH with a bit of a resigned sigh. "Seems a shame to miss it, though."

(...and repeat. I'm pretty sure DH and I had this conversation about 3 times in the last couple of days.)

I once went to a seminar all about active listening, and the message we got was this - if you're having a conversation and it feels as though the other person just keeps repeating the same thing, it's probably because they don't feel as though they have been heard. You need to actively acknowledge what they've said so the conversation can then move forward.

So.

DH - do you see the shiny new NaBloPoMo 2010 logo over there on the right? That's me acknowledging that what you're really saying is, "Hey Wife, I really like reading your blog. You're funny and cute and beautiful, you're tall AND you can cook, and you can write pretty good blog posts which make me laugh and sometimes cry. Please won't you consider participating in NaBloPoMo?"

I heard you, and I am totally in for the November blogging month of madness...let's just hope it doesn't turn into NaBloPoWhatthehelldidIsignmyselfupfor.

2 comments:

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

Good Luck Em

Poppet's mum said...

Idea for blog posting - more recipes for kitchen idiots like myself who need easy, quick recipes with common ingredients and no spices - kind of like Orly's porcupine meatballs.