I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks, Cam, for the title to this post - because it pretty much says what I've been thinking all along about this whole issue of readers I wish were not readers.

Two different quotes were presented to me this week, both of which I think define why I won't stop blogging. I may need (or choose) to censor just a bit more, but ultimately I cannot really bear the thought of ending this. I've spent, what? - 4 years? 5? chronicalling my life, my children's lives, my successes, my failures, my "what the...?" moments and my "other mothers are bitches" moments, and I'll be damned if I am going to stop now. In my real life, I am as honest and open as the day is long - irritatingly so, actually, since I lack a filter I often piss people off or hurt people's feelings and don't seem to notice. (Good thing I'm so damn lovable that most people forgive me.)

So, to somehow not be true to myself, to not wear my heart on my sleeve because I am worried about who is reading..well... fuck that. Not going to do it. Which brings me back to my two relevant quotes.

One was - "What other people think of you is none of your business."

Digest that for a second, will you? We all care *so much* about what other people think of us, but really, it has very little to do with us at all, because it's filtered through their own issues and dramas and life view. Ergo, not our bloody business.

The second one was from Judith Lucy, an Australian comedienne best known for ... *drum roll*... putting it ALL out there. She is all about the no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners, brutal honesty school of comedy. She regularly documents her life - and especially the ugly bits - in her shows.

She said, "Whenever I hear that someone's a very private person, I honestly wonder why. Aren't we all in this shit sandwich together? Everyone makes mistakes, everyone's family's nuts, we've all done things we wish we hadn't."

So there you go. I'm going to keep on blogging, because I'm unique...just like everybody else.

No comments: