I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Say It Isn't So!

We have to get a dog.

As in, HAVE TO. As in, SOON.

Suddenly everyone around me is pregnant, talking about babies, and doing the whole "baby thing" in my presence. I hate babies. They're boring, messy, noisy, and I totally, definetly see no room in my life for a baby. I already HAVE three babies, and I DO NOT NEED any more. Moreover, I don't WANT anymore. DH and I made this decision a long, long, long time ago. This is our family, and we're happy with it. As a rule, babies and I don't get on, and to have any more would significantly change our lifestyle, not to mention probably send me reaching for the anti-depressants, weight loss pills, and a whole box of doughnuts. WE DO NOT WANT BABIES IN THIS HOUSE. My kids can walk, talk, feed themselves, dress themselves, have intelligent conversations, act like humans are meant to - and I LOVE that.

So why, then, do I find myself feeling...dare I say it...just a teeny-weeny, itsy-bitsy, minute amount of jealousy? Why do I find myself feeling just a bit....clucky?

Fuck.

We gotta get a dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you get to share mine when it comes along!!!!! If I had three already do you think I'd be going for one more??? and believe me, this is my last one too.

Can I play with the dog when you get one?

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

LOL, Poppet's Mum - you can play with the dog, sure. :) As for my playing with your Mini Poppet.....okay, as long as when it cries you take it back! *grin*

Oh. and...ROCK ON TABLE NINE! :)

M