I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Cat Is Away

DH left today on a trip which will take him half a globe and something like 15 hours out of my timezone. He's going to be away for almost three weeks, which at this end of his trip seems like a bloody lifetime away. It took about ten seconds for me to go from the glee of the "hooray, hooray, now the doonah is mine, all mine!" to the crash down to earth of, "oh shit, now I have to cook AND clean. Bugger."

The truth of it is, DH is the ying to my yang, the jelly to my peanut butter, the cookies in my cookies and cream - and I don't much like being without him. I actually forget just how co-dependant we are on one another until we are separated, and then I begin to panic just a wee bit and then suffer from phantom husband syndrome.

Still, he really wanted to go on this trip, and god knows I flit off to hither and yon often enough that it's high time he had a turn, too...but...geez, I miss the old bugger already and it's only been 9 hours.

It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

At least I've got the doona for company (Pro: warm and cozy. Con: Does not do dishes.)


1 comment:

Poppet's mum said...

On a "bright" note the time difference at the moment is only 7 hours!!! Oh, and your friends are going to keep you busy!!