I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Sunday, July 2, 2006

Definition of Health Food


The trio went to a birthday party yesterday, complete with requisite piles of sugar and fat laden junk food. Don't get me wrong, it's a party, hence the party food. I don't really have any issues with this (other than my kids always want a real meal afterwards...). Anyway so I see this kid walk by with a plate full of stuff. Not unusual. I then see his Mom, following him, with a tray of fairy bread, and she says in a stern Mommy voice, "You may NOT eat any of that until you've eaten something healthy!" In what part of theuniverse is fairy bread considered a health food?! Sometimes, you just have to laugh...

For you Americans: Fairy bread is cheap white bread, slathered with butter and then covered in sprinkles (see above).

No comments: