I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Recipes Meme

I read this meme somewhere else and tagged myself. What the heck, right?

Where do you obtain the recipes you prepare?

Anywhere - almost literally. Back of a packet, from friends, from cookbooks, from the magazines in doctor's offices (but I'm a geek so I'll often ask the receptionist to copy it for me rather than rip it out. I do have some morals, people!), from TV, from my various magazine subscriptions, from websites (either professional recipe ones or other blogs)...I'm a recipe whore.

How often do you cook a new recipe?

I wish I did it more often, actually. I'd say on average "some" times a month. Some weeks I go nuts and we have all "experiments" for a week. Other times a week will go by and I've not tried anything new at all.

Where do you store your favourite recipes?


In a very unsatisfactory 3 ring binder. I hate it. I did it this summer in an attempt to be more organised (which it is) but it's awkward and annoying and I WILL change it.

How large is your recipe pile? Is it organized? How?


I culled it when I put it in binders, but it would be several hundred, and for organisation it's in broad topics (Biscuits, Cakes, Mains, Seconds, Misc...).

What is the oldest recipe in your to try pile?


I've got several cheesecake recipes from the 50's which I have actually tried (and they're FAB!)

Are you really ever going to make all those recipes in your to try pile?


No. But I like having them.

Do you follow a recipe exactly or modify as you go?


In our household we have a rule that ALL recipes must be done exactly to the recipe the first time around. After that it's fair game.

What is one new recipe that you're scared to try?


Mole sauce - so many variations out there! One of my faithful readers challenged me to do this over summer, but my research has shown SO many different options that I'm at a loss as to where to start!

I'm not tagging anyone for this one. I just did it because I like it. :)

No comments: