I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Maybe It Is The Hair

So last night I spent about 20 minutes in the bathroom attempting to take a photo of myself, for the purpose of a profile pic for here and on facebook. I look different enough to my current photo that I thought it was a good time to take one. I was even having a good hair day (even though it's grey and overgrown..) and thought it was worth a shot.

Well, about 50 shots later I realised why none of these pictures were appealing to me. I look different, yes...but I don't look like ME. What a strange sensation to be looking at photos of yourself and be thinking, "Who IS that? I don't have that angular of a face or that pointy of a chin...weird! Must be the angle, I'll try again." Then I tried again and again and I still did not like any of those pictures. It's like the me in my head needs to catch up with the me in the viewfinder.

And this, you know, could be the focus of an entire therapy session. Instead of delving into the emotional minefield of it all, I'm just going to blame it on the hair. Seems to work as a strategy for everyone else, right? ;)

3 comments:

Cameron said...

One of the weirdest things about changing yourself is that the mind lags behind the body.

kazari said...

I dare you to post a couple anyway - even if you don't use them as a profile shot.
Maybe that will help you own the face that's in them?

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

Cameron - Does it ever catch up? I think not. Too hard to undo 34 (and 5/6th) years of being the fat person.

Kazari - Ahh, but that's the beauty of digital photos! The delete button. Not one photo left (seriously!).

M