I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Monday, October 30, 2006

RAOS Recipe

As usual, this recipe is one which I made recently and then failed to photograph. However it was so damn scrummy that it makes it into the RAOS recipes for you all to enjoy. :) Not surprisingly, it's got a strange method, and it's more of a dessert/pudding than a cake. Only one rule applies to this "cake" - must be served with ice cream or cream, and warm is best. It's more of a wintery thing to eat, I suppose, but is there ever a time when cake is not a good thing?

Apple "Cake"

5-6 Apples (Granny Smith, or Jonagold, or Golden Delicious, just not red anything)
Juice of 1 lemon
Cinnamon, as much as you like
1 cup + 3 tsp sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 170C/350F. Peel, core and slice the apples (thickness irrelevant other than more thin than thick.) Spray a round deep quiche dish (like a pyrex) with spray oil. Place the apples in the bottom of the dish. Mix the remaining ingredients together and plop on top of the apples (the mixture will be quite thick.) Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until done. Best to serve warm, right out of the dish - attempting to turn it out might be a bad thing (I've never tried!).

Enjoy - and remember that in the world of the Random Act of Sweetness, you need to make it and share it or give it to someone in need (of sugar.)

No comments: