I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today

Today, I received an abundance of gifts from the people who already give me more than I probably deserve, but exactly as much as I need. Today I got reassurance, hope, support, plans, ideas, belief, faith in me and more love than I thought it possible to give or receive. I cannot say in specific what these gifts were (but I will soon enough) - for now I can only say that regardless of what happens in future, I am grateful, and I am loved.

Today, I heard this quote and thought it spoke right to my heart (even though I'm not all that sure about the God part.):

"Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be so brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are we not to be? You are a child of God: Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
~Marianne Williamson

No comments: