I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

All That Universe Bullshit

Last year when I hired my new employee, one of the very first things she told me (and if memory serves I blogged about it) was that she really believed in the idea that "the Universe provides." At the time I laughed my ass off about it - because back then (a mere 6 months ago) - I thought all that Universe stuff was complete and utter bullshit. All that crap about visualising things to make them happen, "putting it out there" to get what you want, and so on and so forth. I've said several times here that the only "universe" I believe in is the universe of hard work, occasional good luck and arming oneself with shitloads of knowledge.

But....

In a perfect blogging world I would now tell you all that I believe in this Universe crap and that I was wrong...oh so very, very wrong...and that she was right about it all.

But...

There is no way known I could have done a total 180 in my thinking in a matter of mere months. I will say that in the intervening months I've done a heck of a lot of work on who I am, where I am, what I want, and other quasi-midlife crisis kind of thinking. I've learned heaps and heaps about myself, and not all of it very pretty or nice to admit. It is also true that in recent months I've made a hell of a lot of effort to get what I want - not only for me but for the business as well - and it's paid off in spades. Or, to put it in her terms, I've set my intention (hurl) and put it out there in the Universe (puke) and the Universe has thus provided (gag.)

Damn. What happens when the crap other people spout all of a sudden starts to make sense and becomes decidedly un-crap? What does one blog about then?

2 comments:

kazari said...

one makes friends with goddess leonie.

i won't link, in case the spam filter eats my comment - but she's a complete hippy-dippy, sparkly-fairy-dust-and-unicorns kinda believer in all things universe.
and i love her to bits anyway.
which is rather difficult for a card-carrying skeptic to admit.

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

Good lord Kazari, I don't know who you're talking about (I'll go google it shortly), but you put it far better than I ever could.

M