I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Thursday, December 7, 2006

What I Didn't Know About Cheffing

It's a contact sport.

I learned this the hard way, as myself and 10 dozen eggs went ass over tit on our way out of the cool room. This normally wouldn't be an issue, except that my head connected with Very Sharp Thing (not sure what it was exactly) on the way to the floor. I now have an enormous black eye which is not only puffy and purple and scary looking, but has 3 of those sticker stitch things on it. It required a speedy doctor visit, several pieces of work-related-injury paperwork, and rotating ice packs for the last several hours.

So it looks like my modelling career will need to wait a few weeks, and as DH pointed out, I now officially should only be photographed on "my good side."

Top Five Things To Say When People Ask What Happened:
(and I don't want to admit my ass fell down)

1. Heck, this little thing? You should've seen the other 3 guys!
2. Yeah, rugby can be a mean sport sometimes!
3. Ummmm, I ran into a door/fell down the stairs
4. Purple is the new black
5. At least I can still play the piano!

This blogger might need a day or so to recover (and be able to see out of my puffy eye). Wish me luck.

No comments: