I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Father's Day

The required "let's all look silly now" photo

This past Sunday was Father's Day - and no, I have no idea why it is in September in Australia, yet celebrated in June in America. Also, I have no idea on which Father's Day I am meant to call my Dad, so usually I don't bother (anyway he claims Father's Day is a stupid holiday, so who am I to correct him?) Here is how the residents of Casa Verde spent Father's Day:

Breakfast in bed for Dad which included loads of totally strange presents from the school Father's Day stall (stress balls: 3, too-small socks: 1, silver windscreen cover heat deflector thing: 1, little green man-shaped radio: 1, full professional car detailing: 1) (Can you guess who organised that last one?)


Breakfast menu: challah toast (buttered), scrambled eggs, tomato slices and chocolate milk (made by kids). Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread (made by wife.)



Delivery of a lotus-themed wedding cake to the Dandenong Ranges...


Wandering around wedding venue and picking up some beautiful fallen flowers...


Stopping at Grant's Picnic Ground to feed the sulphur-crested cockatoos...


Dinner out (whichDD1 and I had to miss out on as she was sick. She's better now.)

[insert dinner photo which DH forgot to take]

...and a very happy Dad, who got (and deserved) a fabulous day out with his family.

No comments: