I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Updates All Around

The boy: Is happy, and smiley, and excited about new school options even though no choice has been made yet. He's also 2 weeks into his own 3 week challenge - the challenge was to make it through 3 weeks of good behaviour (without any phone calls from school). His dearest wish in life is to go to Harry Potter World - and thanks to my brother marrying a Floridian, we're going there in February. So, because he wants his own wand from Ollivander's - we put $50 in an envelope and put the 3 week chart on the outside of it. If he makes it, he keeps the contents of the envelope to spend how he wishes (and I don't need to tell you, it's a HUGE amount of money to him. And me. We're skint.) Anyway, there's even a 10% bonus if he does not need to use any of his "get out of jail free" cards (of which there are two.) I am loving every single second of my sunny, funny boy.

The DH: Is waiting on the results of two interviews, and heard this week that at least one of those was checking references. We live in hope, and in the meantime, he continues to be the most supportive husband that ever lived. He still annoys the crap outta me sometimes (just don't mention housework, or paperwork...) ...but then I can be a pretty demanding wench, so it's a miracle he's stuck around as long as he has.

The School Debate: We're waiting to hear about some financial stuff. In other words, we begged and now we're hoping they have mercy.

The Shop: Things seem to be moving in a forward-esque direction....but the owner has not yet figured out that the whole premise of negotiation is that BOTH parties give a little.

The Bike: Still in action.

The Gay/Not Gay Client: O. M. G. What a drama! I delivered the tower (or tried to anyway) only to be met with about 20 minutes of verbal abuse from the owner of the taverna where the function was meant to be held. Apparently the client organised a cake table but the owner claimed she did not and proceeded to rip shreds off me. I survived the deluge of swearing and the client apologised profusely to me for having to endure that. The good news? I apparently did not fully hang up the phone at the taverna and so she heard him yelling insults directly at her (the client). The bad news? Apparently their function was a disaster and my cupcake delivery gone awry was only the tip of the iceberg...but (!) he loved the feathers, darling! Loved them! Divine!

Life: I am hanging in there, and at the moment that's all I can really ask for.

Secret update which we are not going to talk about any further: Doctor says, 15 months = -44kilos (or just shy of 100lbs). (Insert secretly proud smile.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emzee I have been reading for ages and left a comment or two in the past. I love your style (your DS and my daughter could be twins) and I will use the envelope on the fridge idea myself. Good luck with DH job I have everything crossed. Love that you are blogging everyday and even though we are not going to talk about it - well done on the 44kg loss - you are awesome! I have lost about 3.5kg but have stopped weighing myself as I cant deal with the results and am just going by the looseness of my clothes. I may not comment all the time but I love and usually relate to in some way each and every post. Marie/x

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

Hi Marie,

Thanks so much for your lovely, kind words! What a nice way to begin a weekend! I myself am really bad at commenting on blogs, (even though I read many of them), so I forgive you for only commenting occasionally. :) And as for weighing yourself - I pretty much only ever do it at the doctor's office. Otherwise the resulting euphoria or immediate meltdown results in behaviour which is not good for either my psyche or my waistline! In any case keep up the good work!

(and I know we're not talking about it, but I've still got a ways to go.)

Michelle