I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Well There Goes The Neighbourhood

So as DH mentioned, I was remiss from blogging yesterday because we had no phone line. As it happens his infamous laptop wireless broadband also went to hell in a hand basket - but it wasn't related to the storm at all. So that was a lovely option but it wasn't working. Someday I'll rant about DH's IT skills (many and varied unless you need something to actually function, in which case you're totally buggered.)

I would love to say that today I've got some serious witty, intelligent, amusing and altogether charming blog writing to do but I don't. Fact is, it's 5:30 in the afternoon on Friday. I've been cake decorating since 630 this morning, had to deal with an annoying bra strap all day (don't you hate that??) and I've still got a bit more work to do before heading home.

But since I didn't want to miss any of Na-blo-too-tired-to-po, here is your totally useless filler post for the day. Hopefully by the time I get home the phone company will have fixed the line and your charming and eloquent (read: bullshitting) host will be back action.

Before parting, I do have one PSA for the day. This PSA is prompted by the several people who asked me this question this week.

NO, THERE IS NO SUCH HOLIDAY AS THANKSGIVING IN AUSTRALIA.

Reason for you smart people: Thanksgiving is all about Pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock. No Pilgrims, no Plymouth Rock here in Australia. Ergo, no turkey, no eating until wanting to spew, no Macy's Parade and certainly no little hats with buckles on them (which is good, because I don't think I look good in buckled headwear.)

4 comments:

M.B. said...

Welcome back! Does Australia have any national holidays that involve food? Like maybe a National-Eat-A-Cupcake-Made-By-An-Immigrant Day?

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

I *love* that holiday idea, MB. Wonder if I can't make it happen..!
There are no specific food holidays here, unless you count the fact that almost every Australian holiday practically requires a barbeque, and bbq's ALWAYS require sausages in bread. And football game always require meat pies, and... so food here is an all-the-time celebration I guess!

Nicole said...

Ugh...this comment was all me, wasn't it??

~Nicole

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

Nic:

Only in part, you were one of many to comment or ask about Thanksgiving in Australia. You're not alone, I promise!!

M