I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Detox-a-go-go, Days 2 & 3

I realised that it's a bit hard to daily blog this detoxing business because I'm often not done with the whole bye-bye-nasty-bugs until quite late at night - so I'm rescinding my promise and instead promising to blog more often about it all.

5 recent detoxifying observations:

1. It's damn hard to eat that much protein. I'm supposed to have 1-2 'palm size' servings of protein at two meals. Dinner is fine but lunch is just....hard. Cans of tuna anyone?!

2. The not being "allowed" to eat some things isn't bothering me as much as I thought it might. The bread thing IS an issue, though (yes, I AM a big baby about it) so DH was sent off to acquire some gluten free bread. You know, that stuff isn't bad at all. Okay, so it's not GREAT and I wouldn't eat a whole loaf in one sitting, but it's really quite edible. I'm also finding I'm not wanting bread as much, anyway. (I didn't write that last sentence. I think the aliens overtook my body temporarily. Not wanting bread?!)

3. The supplements taste like shit, but you can get over this if you stir them like crazy into your morning juice and then chug the whole thing. I tried to eat a teaspoon of it raw - because that stuff does NOT actually dissolve in liquid - and ended up with a mouthful of sticky gelatine-esque sand which I then had to pick out of my teeth (are you loving this imagery or what?). Yeah. Not pretty.

4. I stupidly read the label of said supplement and discovered it's made out of bovine colostrum. Isn't colostrum early breast milk? I am drinking (and attempting to eat) COW BREAST MILK twice a day?! Gag. Puke. Hurl and shudder. What have I gotten myself into?

5. In the last 3 days I've eaten way more fruit and veg than normal, feel much fuller a lot of the time, and I'm sure it's my imagination but my skin looks better. Hmmm...

11 days to go - by the end of it I'm thinking I'll change Michelle to just "Elle" because, you know, it apparently is a name that works well for supermodels. (Which I am going to be.)

____________

One more thing: Go and check out http://www.thebestofblogs.com and nominate some small-time bloggers you like. I'm supporting this not just because I think you all love me and want to nominate me, but because it's a really great way to support the smaller, less traffic-heavy blogging community.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey emzeegee - I would really, really love to nominate you for blog of the year but don't know what category to nominate you for. Sure, I can put you for funniest or mummy blog but that doesn't encapsulate your blog as a whole. Why don't they have a category that includes mummy/foodie/comedy or just the blog that puts a smile on your face every time you read it??!!! Poppets mum

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

LOL Poppet's Mum! Thanks for the support, lovey! I think we would have to go with Mummy blog, since I tend to write more about them than I do about food! Feel free to nominate away - voting begins April sometime (see above comment for more details, ) You can be nominated in more than one category.

M

ramona said...

I admire that you're going this detox thing -- I ought to do something like that because my diet is crap, but I just don't think I have the willpower to see it through.

But em, you are cracking me up... what part of the cow did you think the milk came from?! LOL!