I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Detoxing Diva, Day One

Contrary to popular belief (and recent posts) I'm actually pretty positive about all this. Now while I didn't exactly bound out of bed and eat an entire bowl full of quinoa, I did look forward to my detoxed self looking hot in a bikini (someday).

So - Day One.

Pros:
- I like pineapple juice
- I felt quite full for most of the day
- I ate 2 more pieces of fruit than I otherwise would have
- I avoided gorging on the pizza that was at the temple gig tonight. Actually, I ate none. (Mostly because they ran out, but also because I am, of course, perfectly in control here. *snicker*)

Cons:
- The mix-with-water supplement very nearly made me hurl, twice. Man but that is NASTY stuff. Bearable only in pineapple juice.
- I think I'll have to meal plan a lot more than I am now. I've realised that a lot of my carb eating comes from convenience. Much easier to throw together a sandwich and bowl of cereal than it is to throw together a quinoa and beetroot salad with a side of sardine fillets. I'll get over this, though.
- I'm always thinking ahead to my next meal. I'd rather NOT have to think so hard, but I think this too will ease with time.

...and before you think I have it "in for" quinoa (and I get a nasty email from the Quinoa Justice League or something), let's just say it's such a dorky grain (being ancient, weird looking and all) that it's easily made fun of. There's got to be something I make fun of, right?

In a nutshell, Day One = EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY (lemon being on the approved list of course.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to look up the eat for your blood type stuff again and pay attention - last year I gave up chicken for 6 months and lost about 6 kilos in that time. I am here for support as a B+ buddy. Great to see you today, miss you at TBG xxxx