I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Gotta Love That Pineapple Juice

The good news - this is actually getting pretty easy. So easy that I am worried (of course) that I'm missing some part of the instructions. Interestingly letting go of the carbs isn't all that hard - although I will admit to having rice twice so far. In my defense it was basmati (on the approved list) and in both cases I had less than a rice bowl worth, and it was accompanied by copious amounts of meat and veg. So I'm feeling very virtuous, if I do say so myself. DH is convinced I am on the Chinese food diet, because very little gets me very full, and then an hour later I'm hungry again. The solution to this is pretty easy, though - a small handful of grapes, an apple, or a couple gluten free crackers and I'm good to go.

Yes, my halo IS nice and bright, isn't it?

In other news yesterday we took the kids to Ripponlea, for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Now before you go all how-dare-you on me, let me just say that the actual Easter part of it lasted, ohh...maybe 2 minutes? Long enough for the kids to pick up an egg or two and go, "Eww! MELTED!" and then run off into the grounds of the mansion. If you are in or around Melbourne and you have some free time, pack a (low carb, high protein) picnic and head off there. It's absolutely beautiful, with tons of things to explore and trees to fall asleep under. DH and I enjoyed a whole afternoon of what I like to call PPM's - Perfect Parenting Moments. Nobody was fighting, crying, whining, annoying one another, or being downright so irritating that you find yourself wishing you were young and single again. Everyone was just happy running around in the sunshine.

...and it's the running around part which makes me glad I'm doing this whole detoxing business in the first place. Fact is, if I want to be old and grey and still be able to run amok with my kids, I've got to get healthier than what I am now. Bring on the quinoa!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You have been nominated for a 2007 Best Of Blog Award!! Especially designed to bring attention to lower profile bloggers, The BoB’s as we like to call them are currently taking nominations in over 20 different categories. To find out more about how your site has a chance to become one of this year’s Best Of’s and how to nominate other bloggers, visit us at www.thebestofblogs.com. Remember voting begins April 14th so make sure you pass the word to your friends, family, and faithful followers.

Sincerely,
Bill Beck
Project Mgr.
The Best Of Blog Awards
Email:Bloggerbeck@aol.com

Unknown said...

Cheers Emzeegee! Keep up the good work & you'll be healthier in no time! Go girl!

emzeegee & the hungry three said...

Thanks Alice! I'm doing my best over here, I really am! :)

M