I'm trying to keep my business, my triplets, and my waistline under control. I excel at one of those, fail at another one of those, and one is a work in progress. Which is which is day dependant.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Happy Belated Blogaversary to ME!

On the 16th of April last year, I decided that having my own blog would be a good idea. I'm not really sure WHY I thought it would be a good idea, other than mellie said it would be, and I believed her. As it happens, she was right. In order to write my own "happy blogaversary to me" post, I went back and had a look at the things I've posted about through the last year. Originally this was meant to be a foodie blog - not dissimilar to the myriad of foodie blogs out there which literally groan with a tummy full of brilliant recipes, mouth-watering photos and interesting restaurant reviews. In that respect, I failed. I don't write a "foodie blog", or at least not anything like those I respect. I also don't write a "Mommy blog"because I don't crap on and on about how fabulous and wonderful my kids are (okay, sometimes I do) and how my brilliant, mistake-free parenting fulfills my every waking moment. I also don't write a "chef's blog" or a "baking blog" or a "family blog" or any other type of "... blog." I just kinda, well, talk a lot, to whit:

So, as they say, it's been a good year for blogging . As I mentioned above, I've decided that I don't really fall into any type of blog category - and it's safe to say that's probably a reflection of who I am, anyway. My life is a mich-mash (pun and spelling intended) and this blog is, too. Fine by me, as long as it's fine by you. Actually, I could care less of what you think - but I am flattered that people are out there reading and replying to what I have to say. And that, my friends, is the point. This blog is all about me, me, me, and some more me - and I make no apologies for it.

No comments: